Will Perl developers enter the fray? Is Perl support in the Android Scripting Environment ready for prime time?
Application submissions will be accepted from Oct. 11th thru Nov. 11th. Winners will be chosen and awards given during the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, January 6-9, 2011.
[From the Marvell $100K Challenge website:]
Start thinking now of your most creative ideas on developing the best tablet app for teaching children any one or more of the following subjects:
- Social studies
- Other curriculum most common to children in Kindergarten all the way up to and including the 12th grade.
Marvell is providing a few general rules2 below to help you get started on your winning app which, at a minimum:
- Must be education related – teaching new skills and target the K-12 classes.
- Should include multi-lingual options and features for use by English and foreign students.
- Must run on an Android™ platform
- Must have a connectivity aspect – the app needs to be connected to the web for premium experience and performance
- Must leverage a multi-touch and user friendly interface
- Be comprised of less than 512MB
- App preferences welcomed, but not required, may include:
- a "social network" learning aspects such as learn with your school buddies or challenge the students online
- "plug and play" programs
- apps that connect with current school based programs like Blackboard™ and Moodle™.
More information regarding the contest will be released in the coming weeks. Sign up here to receive breaking updates.